With the Azam Uganda Premier League season a closed chapter, PML Daily correspondent Shaban Lubega takes you through some of the key stats that you out to know from the 2017/18 campaign.
0. The number of games that second placed KCCA FC lost at home in the 2017/18 Azam Uganda Premier League season (W12 D3). It is also the total wins away from home accumulated by Mbarara City (D8 L7).
1. The number of goals that Express savior Alfred Leku scored during the entire season. The goal came in Express’s last game of the season away to Masavu and ensured that the Red Eagles play at least one more season in the top tier. Leku featured in 28 games throught the season.
- Both Vipers and KCCA lost only three games all season, the first time that the top two have lost three or less games throughout the season. It is also the number of times that Vipers SC have won the league, including the 09/10 season when they were still known as Bunamwaya SC.
- SC Villa manged only four wins away from home this past season, level with Bul FC, Police and Prison side, Maroons.
- The total number of goals that SC Villa conceded at their Masaka Recreation Ground last season.
- The total number of victories that bottom side Maroons managed all season with three of them coming at home and the other two, away from the Fisheries Institute in Bugonga.
- Soana FC scored only six goals away from home, the least by a Uganda Premier league side throughout the 2017/18 season. The Kavumba based side finished the season with the third was goal difference away from home (-16), only UPDF -16 and Masavu -23 had a worse record on the road.
- The number of games that both Bul and Police FC drew throughout the entire 2017/18 season.
- Vipers SC won seven away games on road to clinching the title, the best record on the road in the entire division, one better than fourth placed Onduparaka (6).
- The total number of games that UPDF FC lost on the road this past season which is also the worst record in terms of matches lost away from home. The Army side lost 15 games all season, a joint second (with Express FC) most in the league. Only Proline FC (16), lost more games.
- The number of games that each of the top three (Vipers, KCCA and Villa) won at home last season.
- The number of assists that KCCA FC’s Mustapha Kizza managed to provide last season and in the process topping that department.
- The total number of goals that SC Villa conceded last season in the league.
- Mbarara City scored only 17 league goals last season, six of them coming from the penalty kick. No team scored fewer goals than the Ankole Lions.
- Daniel Muzei Sserunkuma scored 17 league goals to win the top scorer’s gong, 11 for eventual champions Vipers and six were scored for boy-hood club Express.
- The number of goals scored on match day 30. Six of the 16 teams failed to hit the back of the net, including Soana, Masavu, SC Villa, Maroons, Mbarara City and SC Villa.
- The number of wins that champions Vipers accumulated over the course of the season.
- Also the number of games that Maroons drew this past season, setting a record of most drawn matches in the Uganda top flight history.
- The total number of points that bottom side Masavu accumulated throughout the 30 game league season.
- UPDF FC conceded 41 goals last season, the most in the entire division.
- KCCA scored the most number of goals in the season (54), with 34 (level with Vipers) coming at home.
- The total number of points that Vipers accumulated on their way to winning the league crown this past season.
- The total number of goals scored throughout the entire season.