KAMPALA – The Alliance for National Transformation (ANT) party on Monday unveiled its roadmap ahead of the 2021 general elections.
According to the road map, the party will elect a flag bearer on August 6, 2020 at a National Delegates Conference.
Addressing a press conference at the Party Headquarters along Plot 87, Buganda Road in Kampala, Mr Wilberforce Seryazi, the Party’s Spokesperson said they are ready to participate in all elections.
“Identification of candidates at other positions has been ongoing at the grassroots; we have been building, we have regional coordinators and sub-regional coordinators as well as district, constituency and sub-county,” he said.
Mr Seryazi also explained that the Delegates Conference will be composed of interim leaders, given that the country has been plunged into unusual times due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Every district will send at least three delegates composed of the Party’s District Chairperson, Youth League Chairperson as well as Chairperson of the Women’s League.
The party has also got a composition of 45 forming the National Executive Committee that runs the Headquarters.
Leaders at the national level will be required to step-aside from their positions, before picking nomination forms.
Mr Dan Mugarura, the Party’s Head of Electoral Affairs said the roadmap had been issued in compliance with the National Electoral Commission Roadmap.
– 22nd -25th June: Candidates pick nomination forms.
– 26th -29th June: Party’s Electoral Body goes through applications for legibility of candidates.
– 1st and 2nd of July: Party Nominated candidates for presidential flag bearer.
– 3rd July: Party harmonises campaign programs (those who are nominated will be required to submit campaign programs with agents.)
– 6th July -3rd August:Campaigns within the party.
– 26 July: Open campaigns and presidential debate. (If we end up having only one candidate, the debate will then be held depending on our internal organisation.)
– 4th-5th August:Accreditation of delegates.
-6th August: National Delegates Conference (election of flag bearer.)