ENTEBBE – Entebbe Regional Referral Hospital on Thursday, June 18, 2020 discharged 44 patients who have recovered from Covid-19, bringing to 486 the number of people discharged across the country so far.
The Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Health, Ms Diana Atwine, presided over the discharge.
“We have discharged 44 people today if added to the total number they become 486 that we have discharged country wide. We have 379 active patients, we have found over 700 patients positive for covid 19 but we are lucky we have not yet got any deaths thanks to God,” she said.
Ms Atwine thanked the medical workers at the hospital for sacrificing their pleasure to stay at the hospital since the outbreak to take care of the patients.
“Entebbe hospital was the first centre to treat Covid 19 victims in March but we are happy that the medical workers who have been treating these patients for all this time are all virus free from the pandemic,” she said.
Entebbe Hospital Director Dr Moses Muwanga said: “We have discharged 44 truck drivers today, but we encourage the community to welcome them because we have tested them and they are negative. Our biggest challenge is that during treatment many of them suffer from depression because most of them are worried about their jobs especially truck drivers that they may not find them since their employer may fire them if they hear that they contracted Covid 19,” he said.