KAMPALA – There has been a fire outbreak in one of the semi permanent tents that is housing victims of land eviction in Lusanja, Patrick Onyango, the Kampala Metropolitan Police spokesperson has said.
Onyango said that four people have been injured including a mother and her children.
“Among the four people injured only one victim was indentified as Fatumah Nabugolola mother to the injured children, ” he said in a statement.
Mr Onyango said it is alleged that the fire outbreak happened at around midnight.
“It’s suspected that a kerosene lamp was left unattended to as the possible cause of the fire outbreak, ” said Onyango.
He added that the victims were rushed to Kirudu Hospital for treatment as further inquiries are ongoing.