KAMPALA — On top of suspending disconnections, National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) in partnership with the Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) are installing hundreds of handwashing points to promote handwashing in Kampala Metropolitan area and other towns.
The handswashing points have soap and free water for citizens to wash hands.
Status of hand-washing points in Kampala
1. Kasubi center and Market- 7points
2. Kibuye center and market- 4points.
3. Nakawa center and market 4points.
4. Gaba market 1point
5. Namuwongo market 1 point.
6. Bugolobi center market 3 points
7. Kiswa market 1point
8. Ntinda market 1point
9. Nalukolongo market 1 point
10. Kitintale center 2 points.
11. St Balikudembe market and the surrounding areas 17points.
12. Areas near the Old taxi park 10points
13. Areas near the New taxi park 9 points
14. Luzira-Kirombe market 1 point
15. Portbell market 1 point
16. Luzira market 2 points
More connections are ongoing and a total of 300 water points will be connected in Kampala Water Metropolitan area.
The same strategy is being replicated in all NWSC areas of operation across the country.
Commitment to service reliability
NWSC Engineers are in the field working 24/7 to ensure that customers have access to clean safe water in all areas of operation.
In a statement, NWSC said it has halted disconnection of customers for now.
“We advise the customers to pay what ever they can now and avoid frustrating bill in the near future,” a statement reads.