KAMPALA — The Archbishop of Church of Uganda, The Most Rev Dr Stephen Samuel Kaziimba Mugalu has on Sunday, March 8 been Enthroned and Installed as the 8th Bishop of the Diocese of Kampala in a well attended service at All Saints Cathedral Kampala.
In his Charge, Archbishop Kaziimba noted that there is need to equip both the Clergy and the Saints to see that Ministry must be on going not only at Church but in the places where people live and work with the view of work as worship.
He pointed out his Key focus areas of Minstry which include;
1. Completion of All Saints Cathedral
2. Construction of the Bukoto Flats
3. Establishment of a Radio Station
4. Pastoral Care and Discipleship through small groups
5. Market Place evangelism
6. Ministry in slum areas
7. Ministry to the Street Children
8. Ministry to the prostitutes
9. The Prayer aspect of Ministry
10. Children and Youth Ministry
11. Mentorship of the Clergy and Lay Christian leaders
12. Income generating projects
He commended his predecessor Rt Rev Stanley Ntagali for his Ministry and for the honourable retirement.
He called for unity and forgiveness among Christians.
President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni was represented by Hon David Bahati the Minister of State for Planning.