KAMPALA — Four more people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Uganda, bringing the country’s total to 18.
This has been confirmed by President Yoweri Museveni on his social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter.
The President said four were among 197 who recently travelled to the UAE and were tested on Thursday March 26.
Museveni said the four had been under institutional quarantine in the various hotels identified by the sub-committee on quarantine.
They have been evacuated to Mulago Hospital for treatment.
“It seems, therefore, that the efforts of identifying by temperature monitoring at the airport, quarantining the people on whom there’s some suspicion and tracing the ones who escaped from the quarantine is working well,” he said.
The other good news, the president said that the majority of the 14 people who are hospitalized at Entebbe, Mulago and Masaka with the virus are responding well to the treatment and seem to be improving.