ENTEBBE – The police have released preliminary findings of the shooting of Maya Florence Kamikazi a Rwandan national, killed by unknown assailants on the Kampala-Entebbe Expressway on Thursday, September 5 night.
Preliminary investigations by the police show that Ms. Kamikazi a Rwandan national was the principal target of the attack and was killed alongside Rushegyera Ntereho Joshua and another by the unidentified assailants. They all died on spot.
The police has recovered an AK-47 rifle from the scene.
“One AK-47 riffle No.UG POL56-3100699022697 with 27 rounds of live ammunition recovered at the scene,” reads the preliminary police report.
“In the motor vehicle was a piece of paper bearing particulars of No.32693 D/Sgt Mutesi and two mobile phones were recovered,” the police said.
Full Police preliminary report below.
MURDER BY SHOOTING.
On the 5/9/2019 at about 2300hrs the DPC Entebbe Sp Kawonawo Baker received information of shooting at Nambigirwa bridge along Kampala-Entebbe express highway in katabi town council Wakiso district.
1. The crime scene was responded too by a team of detectives, being headed by Dpc, soco, dog handler and backed by flying squad and JAT and other sister agencies.
2. The crime scene was examined by the soco.
3. The police dog was introduced to the crime scene to track the suspect(s).
4.One AK-47 riffle No.UG POL56-3100699022697 with 27 rounds of live ammunition recovered at the scene.
5. Three empty cartridges were recovered at the scene.
6. One Counter-Terrorism Uganda police cap and a magazine porch was recovered from motor vehicle reg.No.UAW 534B Prado TX black in colour at the scene.
7. Evidential documents, National ID and driving permit belonging to one Nteyireho Ruhegyera Joshua were recovered from the body at the crime scene.
8. Two bodies were taken to Mulago city mortuary for post mortem examination.
9. The motor vehicle was towed to the police station.
1. It was established that m/v reg no.UAW 543B Prado TX black in colour was found well-positioned/parked aside the road at Nambigrwa bridge along Entebbe Express Highway while the engine was still hidroling with lights on while facing the direction of Mpala(Kampala-Entebbe road) with co-drivers door open.
2. In the m/v a body of a one Maya Kamukazi Florence was found in seating position in the behind seat of the co driver with a bullet wounded on the head.
3. Outside the motor vehicle at rare was a body of Nteyireho Ruhegyera Joshua which was lying in a pool of blood with bullet wound on the head while the left hand holding an AK-47 smg riffle.
4. In the motor vehicle was a piece of paper bearing particulars of No.32693 D/Sgt mutesi and two mobile phones were recovered.
1. Retrieve the post mortem reports from Mulago.
2. Obtain relevant witness statements.
3. Subject the riffle and cartridges to the ballistic expert for examination.
4. Forward the particulars of the motor vehicle to Uganda Revenue Authority with of 17a.to retrieve the particulars of ownership of the m/v.
5.Getting the printout data of the deceased’s phones got in the motor vehicle.
6. Tracking down the suspects to be brought to book.
7. Reconstructing the crime scene.
Progressive report to follow.