KAMPALA – Mr. Matia Kasaija, the Finance Minister will Thursday June 13 present the UGX41 trillion budget at the Kampala Serena Hotel.
The Speaker of Parliament, Hon. Rebecca Kadaga shall preside over the special sitting.
The Budget Speech is the Minister of Finance’s statement of the Executive’s overall budget policy for the forthcoming year and a summary of key budget policy proposals. The Budget Speech is presented to Parliament on or before the 15th of June each year.
It typically outlines: achievements against the last financial year’s targets; the Government’s annual priority spending areas or interventions; estimated Government revenue and revenue measures; and proposals of revenue and expenditure for forthcoming year.
Budget break down for 2019/2020
1) Debt repayment 10.6 trillion
2) Works and Transport 6.4 trillion
3) Defence and Security 3.6 trillion
4) Education 3.2 trillion
5) Energy 2.9 trillion
6) Local Governments 2.8 trillion
7) Health 2.5 trillion
8) Accountability 1.9 trillion
9) Justice, Law and Order Sector 1.6 trillion
10) Agriculture 1 trillion
11) Water and Environment 1 trillion
12) Public Administration 908 billion
13) Public Sector Management 789 billion
14) Parliament 688b
15) Social Development 218 billion
16) Lands, Housing and Urban Development 193 billion
17) Tourism 175 billion
18) Trade and Industry 171 billion
19) Science and Technology 159b
20) ICT 123 billion
TOTAL 40.4 Trillion
Recap of 2018/2019 – Full speech
Government of Uganda Budget Speech for Fiscal Year 2018-2019_1 by Javira Ssebwami on Scribd