The Federation of Uganda Football Association (FUFA) has allowed 11 clubs to change their names.
The decision to approve the name-changes was made during the FUFA Executive Committee meeting held on Tuesday, September 15.
Uganda Premier League (UPL) side Bright Stars FC is one of the clubs that have seen their request approved by the football governing body.
The Matugga based side will now be known as Soltilo Bright Stars FC, a name that has been influenced by their Japanese majority shareholders Soltilo Limited.
Among other decisions made at the meeting is the approval of the change of the ownership of FUFA Big League side Dove All Stars who will be known as Arua Hill Football Club, owned by Development Structures (U) Ltd.
Full List of name-changes approved requests
1. Bright Stars FC to Soltilo Bright Stars FC
2. Kengere Ward FC to FC Soroti Thunders
3. Light SS FC to Soroti City FC
4. Diamond Stars FC to Arua City Council FC
5. Future Options FC to Rwampara Bulls FC
6. U-Touch FC to Gulu City Council FC
7. Northern City FC to FC Pager
8. Ibanda United FC to Ibanda Municipal Sports Club
9. Bukedea Town Council FC to Blacks Power FC
10. Doves All Stars FC to Arua Hills FC
11. Faith Hope Love FC to Moyo Town Council FHL FC