Azam UPL fixture:
- SC Villa vs Vipers 4pm
- Lweza vs Kirinya
- URA vs Bright Stars
- Sadolin vs Express
- Onduparaka vs The Saints
- JMC Hippos vs Police
- Soana vs BUL
The league title might already be warmly wrapped but Azam Uganda Premier League still has a lot to offer in match-day 29 on Tuesday.
Topping the headline is a battle of pride at Masaka Recreation Ground as second-placed SC Villa play host to third-placed Vipers. The game will be live on Azam TV.
The Joogos go into the encounter with three points above Vipers. Anything but a defeat would be a positive results as a draw will boost their chances of finishing behind leaders and champions elect KCCA FC. Vipers on the other hand come into this game at the back of a 4-1 victory win against Onduparaka in a game that saw midfield dynamo Erisa Ssekisambu return on the score sheet with a brace to end his 2017 goal drought.
- SC Villa will be without their leading goal scorer Emmanuel Okwi as the striker received matching orders during their last victory in Kavumba against Soana.
- Villa coach Wasswa Bbosa is likely to turn to the services of Umar Kasumba to find the back of the net.
- Vipers welcome back Dan Birikwalira from a head injury but Portuguese coach Miguel Da Costa will miss the services of Moses Waisswa Keziron Kizito, Shafick Bakaki, Musa Esenu, Pius Wangi and Aggrey Madoi.
Head to Head:
This is the 24th meeting between the two sides. Here is their last five meeting;
- Saturday, December 3, 2016: Vipers 1-2 SC Villa
- Friday, April 1, 2016: Vipers 2-2 SC Villa
- Friday, October 2, 2015: SC Villa 1-2 Vipers
- Friday, May 2, 2015: SC Villa 0-2 Vipers
- Tuesday, December 16, 2014: Vipers 1-1 Sc Villa.
In other matches, Express FC, who are seeking to arrest a rot of four games losing, will be without Vincent Onyebuchi when they visit Sadolin Paints at Namboole, as the Nigerian defender broke his leg in the abandoned game at Wankulukuku against Proline.
Peter Onen’s BUL FC visit Kavumba Recreation Centre to face Alex Isabirye’s Soana FC. On-form URA will be at Mehta Stadium in Lugazi to host Fred Kajoba’s Bright Stars, a team that has only won once on the road this season.
Muteesa II Stadium Wankulukuku will host a relegation battle between Lweza and Kirinya-Jinja SSS. Already relegated JMC Hippos will continue to search for their first win of the season as they host Abdullah Mubiru’s misfiring Police at Kakindu Stadium in Jinja.
The Saints will travel the longest distance and cross to West Nile to face Onduparaka at Betway Greenlight Stadium in Arua, a fortress at which the Caterpillars haven’t lost a league game since all season . The visiting army side are night on the log with 33 points.