KAMPALA – President Yoweri Museveni has appointed economist Ramathan Ggoobi as the new Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Finance.
Making changes on Thursday evening, Museveni replaced Keith Muhakanizi with Ggoobi. Muhakanizi has been sent to the Office of the Prime Minister.
“By virtue of the Powers given to the President by Article 174 (2) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, I hereby, appoint the following as Permanent Secretaries,” Museveni said.
Ggoobi, a lecturer at Makerere University Business School was recently purportedly appointed Finance Minister to replace Matia Kasaija.
A day later, the final list was made public and the economist was not a minister, evoking quite funny reactions on social media.
Full list of the appointed Permanent Secretaries
1. Head of Public Service and – Lucy Nakyobe Secretary to Cabinet
2. Deputy Head of Public Service – Deborah Katuramu And Secretary to Cabinet
3. State House Comptroller – Jane Barekye
4. Principal Private Secretary to – Dr. Kenneth Omona to the President
5. Principal Private Secretary to – Alex Kakooza H.E. the Vice President
6. Office of the Prime Minister – Keith Muhakanizi
7. Office of the President – Yunus Kakande
8. Ministry of Agriculture, Animal – David Kyomukama Industry and Fisheries Kasura (Maj. Gen.)
9. Ministry of Defence and – Rosette Byengoma Veteran Affairs
10. Ministry of Education and – Kate Lamaro Sports
11. Ministry of Energy and – Batebe Irene
12. Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Vincent Bagiire
13. Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
14. Ministry of Gender, Labour and Economic Development
14. Ministry of Gender, Labou and Aggrey Kibenge
15. Ministry of Health – Dr. Diana Atwiine
16. Ministry of Internal Affairs – Joseph Musanyufu (Lt. Gen)
17. Ministry of Information,
Communication, Technology – Dr. Amina Zawedde
18. Ministry of Justice Robert Kasande
19. Ministry of Lands, Housing – Dorcas Okalany
20. Ministry of Local Government – Benjamin Kumumanya
21 Ministry of Trade, Industry Geraldine Ssali
22. Ministry of Public Service – Catherine Bitarakwaate
23. Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife – Doreen Katusiime
24. Ministry of Water – Alfred Okidi
25. Ministry of Works – Bageya Waiswa
26. Secretary to the Judiciary – Pius Bigirimana
27. Health Service Commission – Mary T. Wenene
28. Public Service Commission – Dr. Godfrey Mbabazi
29. Judicial Service Commission – Dr. Nassali Lukwago
30. Ministry of Science, Technology
And innovation – Abolished and retired
31. Ministry of East African
Community Affairs – Edith Mwanje
32. Ethics and Integrity – Alex O. Okello
33. Clerk to Parliament – Hon. Adolf Mwesige
34 Inspectorate of Government – Kafeero Rose
35 Education Service Commission – Dr. Asuman Lukwago.