KAMPALA —Minister for Gender, Labour and Social Development, Frank Tumwebaze has dismissed as malicious propaganda allegations linking him to Rwanda schemes.
Tumwebaze said the campaign linking to subversive activities to undermine President Museveni by schemers started way back in 2012 when he was appointed cabinet minister.
“All those malicious schemes against me started in 2012 after I was appointed cabinet minister. So they aren’t new. Their vendors and sponsors are known. I have chosen to ignore them and focus on my work,” said Mr. Tumwebaze.
“The God who appointed me into leadership will surely defeat them. I however, demand that the security and intelligence agencies of this country help us to act on these criminal networks. Trying to soil our names isn’t a big deal, but may be the next step will be to target our lives,” he emphasised.
Tumwebaze is targeted along other army officials
Mr. Tumwebaze was instrumental in spearheading reforms at Ministry of ICT including revamping UBC, introducing funding schemes for innovators and the broadband policy which sets tough conditions for licenced telecom operators with a view to regulate them and improve on quality of service.
In December last year, Tumwebaze dismissed allegations by Rwanda National Police that they had seized several properties belonging to him in Rwanda.
“Just rubbish or call it fake news of cheap and illogical propagandists. I never waste time with those who invest in propaganda to serve their malicious schemes. I am never diverted by such and their sponsors,” Mr Tumwebaze wrote on his Twitter page on Tuesday, December 03, 2019.
Tumwebaze was responding to a statement by Rwanda National Police which claimed to have properties linked to him in an operation.
“The joint forces responded to a threat at the intersection of several streets and that they were alerted at 7.35 am. Police will communicate and confirm the exact nature of the threat but a search warrant was executed because activities the said properties are related to the threat. Several electronic devices, including mobile phones and computers, were seized in the search and police are speaking with a number of youths over the incident, No one has been charged at this time,” a statement allegedly from Rwanda Police Force indicated.