KIGALI — Seven new confirmations of the novel Coronavirus raised Rwanda’s total tally to 82 as of Wednesday 1st April, the Ministry of Health has said.
The new cases include a recent travelers from Dubai (UAE) United Kingdom (UK), two frequent regional travelers and three contacts of previously confirmed cases.
The ministry said all the cases have since been isolated and all contacts traced for further management.
A majority of Rwanda’s COVID19 cases are without symptoms of the ailment with all in stable condition, the Health Ministry said.
Rwanda is in its second week of a countrywide lockdown with only essential movement allowed to curb the virus spread.
Like Uganda, most of the cases reported in the country involve patients who arrived Rwanda back from Dubai and Europe a
With the increase of tests across the world, more cases have been confirmed with the total standing at over 900,000. The number of patients who have recovered also continues to rise standing at around 200,000 as of 1St April while a majority of those in treatment (over 640,000) being cited as mild cases. The casualties stand at 45,000.
United States, Italy and Spain currently have the highest cases.