KAMPALA — Uganda has on Monday, April 13 confirmed the recovery of three more COVID-19 patients who were discharged from Entebbe Grade B treatment facility.
Ministry of Health says the newly discharged patients bring the number to 7 of those who have fully recovered and discharged.
“Three (3) patients have recovered from COVID-19 and tested negative twice for COVID-19 after 14 days of treatment,” the Health Minister Jane Ruth Aceng said via her official Twitter handle, adding that, “they have been discharged from Entebbe Grade B Hospital, today [Monday April 13].
She said more are to be discharged after their families and communities have been prepared to receive them.
The development brings the total number of fully recovered and discharged patients to 7 as the number of confirmed cases tally to remains at 54 with no reported death so far.
The government has been emboldened by the rising negative cases in the test samples tested everyday, raising hope that the country is winning the battle against the virus.
President Museveni is expected to announce the extension new measures including a possibility of extending the lockdown in his address on Tuesday midday announced by his press secretary, Don Wanyama.