KIGALI — Rwanda has on Tuesday April 14 confirmed seven new coronavirus infections, bringing its total to 134.
The country’s health ministry said in a statement that all the new patients had already been placed under isolation and tracing of their contacts was underway.
The ministry also announced that seven patients had recovered in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of recoveries to 49.
“All patients are under treatment in stable condition in designated health facilities. The majority are asymptomatic, and no patient is in critical condition,” said Rwanda’s health ministry.
Rwanda is one of 52 African countries that have recorded COVID-19 cases. The continent has reported close to 11,000 COVID-19 cases, with over 500 deaths. Over 1,000 people have recovered.
The health ministry warned Rwandans against withholding useful information relevant for contact tracing, saying such actions were punishable within the country’s laws.
It urged Rwandans to adhere to the set guidelines aimed at curbing the spread of COVID-19.