KAMPALA — City tycoon Sudhir Ruparelia has on Sunday said investigations are underway to confirm the cause of an accident on the construction of the UGX. 36 billion Ssese Gateway beach hotel in Entebbe, in which 7 people were injured.
It is understood that the ongoing construction of a security gate ahead of the main hotel project that kicked off late last year gave way on Sunday, injuring scores of the construction personnel on the site.
No one died in the accident according to initial investigations, the Ruparelia Group said on Sunday.
“The injured are being treated at Entebbe Hospital,” the private contractor reported.
Mr. Sudhir Sudhir Ruparelia is quoted in an online post confirming that investigations are on going considering the fact that the works were being implemented by a private contractor.
“The injured are receiving adequate care and treatment, so no cause for alarm. Work will resume once investigations are complete,” he said on Sunday.