KIGALI — Rwanda identified four more coronavirus cases on Friday, bringing the number to 54 that have already been recorded since two weeks ago, according to the Ministry of Health.
The new cases include two travelers who arrived from Dubai and the USA, respectively and two contacts of previously confirmed positive travelers who were detected through tracing, the statement from the Ministry says.
The Ministry said that all patients are undergoing treatment in an isolated health facility.
On Thursday, nine new cases had been identified, most of whom were travelers from Dubai, with the rest from the United Arab Emirates, the Netherlands, and the United States.
Rwanda registered its first COVID-19 case on March 14. Since then, cases of the new coronavirus, most of which are imported, have been rising every day.
President Paul Kagame says his government will do everything possible to support Rwandans during the Coronavirus containment period which is characterized by social and economic challenges.
He recently announced a two-week lockdown on Saturday last week as part of the measures to contain the pandemic.
This bans non-essential movement homes, travel between cities and districts, as well as halting operation of non-essential businesses.