KAMPALA — The Ministry of Health has on Wednesday confirmed five new cases of COVID-19 in the Uganda.
Dr. Joyce Moriku, the minister of State for Primary Healthcare said the five new cases bring the total number of confirmed patients to 14.
The five people who confirmed positive, include the two of the six Chinese nationals that were arrested in Zombo, after they escaped from mandatory quarantine.
“They cannot be presented in court for fear of further spread,” the Minister said.
“Dear Ugandans, this is a very critical moment for everyone as the number of positive cases keeps scaling up. Five more people have been confirmed positive, including two of the six Chinese natinals that were got in Zombo. They cannot be presented in court for fear of further spread,” she tweeted on Wednesday afternoon.
So far, the country has 12 Ugandans and two Chinese nationals who have tested positive.
Uganda’s new cases
63 year old male Najjanakumbi traveled back from Germany
57 year old male Adjumani – has not travelled before salt trader
8 month old baby, Iganga hospital, father travelled from Kisuumu.
2 Chinese arrested in Zombo after escaping from Quarantine
The government has since banned all public gatherings as well as closed schools and institutions of learning, bars and night clubs.
Uganda has also banned all travels in and out of the East African country to stem the Coronavirus spread, which would challenge the healthcare system.
Only emergency landing by plane will be allowed on the Ugandan soil, President Museveni announced on Saturday last week.