KAMPALA – National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC), has Saturday announced traffic diversion along Namugongo-Seeta as it is constructing the Katosi-Kampala Drinking Water Transmission Mains to the Greater Kampala Metropolitan Area.
According to NWSC, the new plant upon completion will add over 160million litres of water per day to Kampala service area and cater for the growing demands for clean water in Kampala Metropolitan upto the year 2040.
NWSC has accordingly contracted Sogea Satom to implement the project which involves excavation and laying of water pipes across Namugongo-Seeta Road at Kanisa Ya Kristo, from Saturday 28th to Sunday 29th September 2019.
On these days, some sections of Namugongo-Seeta Road shall be closed to traffic which shall be diverted to alternative routes.
The excavation works shall be done in three phases to allow proper traffic management and minimize traffic disruptions.
Please note that:
- Normal time of work shall be at night. It will take 2 nights to install the pipes and backfill the road to make it passable. Permanent reinstatement of the road pavement shall be completed within nine (9) working days after the works.
- During the actual excavation works across the road, traffic coming in from Ssonde shall be diverted to Bbutto Road while that from Seeta shall be diverted to Jinja Road.
- Traffic coming from Kyaliwajjala shall be diverted to Kireka-Namugongo Road and Ssemambo Road, adjacent to Namugongo Catholic Martyrs Shrine.
- Please follow the road signs and cooperate with the traffic police and traffic wardens.
- Any inconveniences are highly regretted.
NWSC is committed to water for all for delighted customers by a delighted workforce