KAMPALA —Boda Boda hailing app, Safe Boda is delaying the rollout of new business features following user backlash over the company’s customer’s protection practices.
A drastic announcement by Safe Boda last week generated widespread uproar on social media.
On Tuesday, SafeBoda management updated its operating Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) particularly stating: “We will not be liable for any damages, direct incidental, and or consequential, arising out of the use of SafeBoda, including without limitation, damages arising out of communicating and or meeting with other participants of SafeBoda.”
“We have no responsibility whatsoever for the actions or conduct of any serviced providers or users. We have no obligation to intervene in any way in disputes that may arise between drivers, riders or third parties,” reads a section of the new T&Cs.
With the new T&Cs biting already and breaking the normal, app users were instantly barred from proceeding without ‘accepting’ the new terms and conditions.
Safe Boda said on Tuesday users will no longer have to review and accept its updated terms by as earlier indicated nor will they have their accounts suspended or deleted by that date.
Speaking to NTV on Tuesday, Mr. Ricky Thomson the Director of Safe Boda said the company will do everything possible to improve their operations.
“ I want to reassure you that we have listened to your feedback and we shall improve on these terms and conditions so that we can make much more friendly so that you can enjoy and be comfortable,” he said.
Several other subscribers had threatened to either delete or shun the app for alternatives.