FORT PORTAL – The Uganda Motor club (UMC) challenge in the mountains of the moon, Fort Portal is one of the most spectacular rallies that one should not miss on the Federation of Motorsport Clubs of Uganda (FMU) calendar.
This is because of the prowess the driver’s exhibit in the speed game.
This time the script did not flip, the drivers powered their cars during the sections from Amabeere ga Nyina Mwiru, Buteebe and Harugongo.
Arthur Blick took the glory on the day with an emphatic win that was orchestrated by an impressive start that gave him an edge over the rest earning him the third position in the standing
Speaking to Blick he delightfully said ;
“I am very excited about this Win. It has been four years since we won a rally; I have been very hungry for this win. This Victory belongs to Jesus and all goes to my family, wife, navigator, sponsor Shell team Manager and the mechanic crew”.
Results for winners
1. Arthur Blick / George Semakula 1: 12:54
2. Alwi Hassan / Siraje Kyambadde 1:13:24
3. Yassin Nasser /Ali Katumba 1:13:34
4. Ronald Ssebuguzi / Leon Ssenyange 1:14:47
5. Umar Mayanja / Hussein Mukuye 1:14:58
6. Abdul Kateete/ Ratma Muhammed 1:15:39
7. Duncan Mubiru / Musa Nsubuga 1:16:39
8. Christakis Fitidis/ Cedric Buzabo 1:19:49
According to the clerk of the course, this is the fifth rally and only two are left to wind up the year in a style which means that one’s performance propels them to the top.
Leon Ssenyange a navigator to Ronald Sebuguzi revealed that it was a very great rally, competitive though they managed to pick something and are now headed back to fix the car properly to enable them come back strong.
1. Yassin Nasser / Ali Katumba (355) points.
2. Ronald Ssebuguzi / Leon Ssenyange (300) points.
3. Arthur Blick / George Semakula (285) points.
Over 12 drivers were not able to complete due to breaking down of their cars for both ClubMan’s Rally Championship ( CRC) were Rajiv Ruparelia / Enoch Olinga won despite their break shock hiccup.