Express held at home by Bul FC

Express now have five points from four games (photo by Shaban Lubega)

StarTimes Uganda Premier League
Express FC 0-0 Bul FC
Mutessa II War Memorial Stadium, Wankulukuku
Tuesday, 23-10-2018

WANKULUKUKU – Express FC succumbed to a second consecutive goalless draw at home as they were held by Bul on Tuesday afternoon.

Having drawn 0-0 with URA in their first encounter at Wankulukuku, Kefa Kisala’s side could not break down Bul in a game that saw limited goal scoring chances created.

After five minutes that had nothing to write home about, Bul’s Hamis Tibita threaded an inch perfect through ball for Daniel Shabena but the later could not make anything out of it as he ran wide of the goal, giving Express a chance to clear their lines.

The next few minutes were dominated by the visitors but despite Douglas Owori making several good runs down the left, Bul could not create anything meaningful in front of goal to trouble the home side.

Express started growing into the game and on 10 minutes, Micheal Birungi appealed for a penalty after he was blocked Richard Matovu as the winger raced onto goal. However, referee Alex Muhabi waved Birungi’s appeals away much to the disgust of the home fans.

Five minutes later, Matovu fell awkwardly around the center-circle and sustained a shoulder injury which forced the Jinja-based side into an early substitution as Hakim Magombe was introduced.

The best chance of the game came on 23 minutes when Disan Galiwango sent in a corner from the right but Arthur Kigundu could only head wide Julius Ntambi’s well cautioned cut back, while unmarked in the six yard box.

Three minutes to half time, Ntambi was booked by Muhabi for a clumsy challenge on Tibita.

Two minutes later, Magombe was also booked for a foul on Ntambi to even the yellow cards’ count.

The first half ended goalless with either side failing to create any clear-cut openings.

At the start of the second half, Kisala introduced Joel Male in the place of Ibrahim Kayiwa to try and add more creativity upfront.

The first chance of the second half saw Ntambi blaze over a free-kick from 30 yards after Tony Odur was brought down by Abdul Mayanja.

Five minutes to the hour mark, Express made their second substitution with Congolese export Eric Kambale replacing the ineffective Mubarak Nsubuga.

A minute later, Tibita nearly broke the Red Eagles fans’ hearts with a fierce drive from 25 yards but Mathais Muwanga was on had to save it comfortably.

With 25 minutes to play, Kigundu handled from just outside the area but Tibita could not convert from the resulting free-kick as his effort sailed just over the wood-wark.

In an effort to add more value upfront, Peter Onen introduced Deogracious Ojock in place of the tired Villa Oramchan.

However, it was Express who got a chance to win it after Odur was wrestled to the ground by Willis Otong and Muhabi signaled for a free-kick right just outside the 18 yard box. Kambale stepped up but could only look on in disgust as his shot flew over the cross bar.

Later on, Joshua Lubwama replaced Shabena for Bul and Nasir Mbabali was brought on in place of Birungi for the home side as both teams completed their substitution.

The late substitutions could not make any telling impact as the game ended 0-0.

The draw takes Express to 8th position on the log with five points from four games.

For Bul, they now move up to fourth on the table with 7 points from four games.

The other games played on Tuesday:

-KCCA FC 2-0 Bright Stars
-Paidah Black Angels 0-0 Tooro United
-Kirinya JSS 0-3 Onduparaka FC



Copyright@2019: PMLDaily

To Top