WAKISO– Students of Namirembe Hillside High School in Kitetika, Gayaza, are counting losses after a fire gutted a boys’ dormitory, destroying property worth millions of shillings.
Reports from witnesses reaching this website reveal that the fire was serious with the fire brigade response time wading off as unreliable.
Old students revealed that the Wakiso academic giant had no fire extinguishers at the time of there last visit to the former shool their time and still suspect there are none at the fire outbreak.
”On a previous visit, we decry to the school administration as to why there were no fire extinguishers in the premises of the boys,” revealed Ssentongo Ronald, an old student.
It is alleged that the fire could have been started off by a Charcoal iron box used by a student this morning.
”Finally, a torchlight has been flashed on the weaknesses of the school,” remarked Taremwa Trevor, an old student disappointed with the school for the tribulations he suffered during his time at Namirembe Hillside High School.
Namirembe Hillside High School is one of the towering academic giants in Wakiso with a controversial tuition structure of up to UGX1.5 Million for the A’level section with student surprisingly that still ironing with “fire” as Charcoal boxes are a common sight on the school premises.
The school’s proprietors Dr. Kyaligonza Robert and Dr. Kiiza Hillary were not available to comment by the time of filing this report.
Police and the fire brigade were seen trying to contain the fire that destroyed the dormitory’s roof and property worth millions of shillings.
No casualties reported yet.
Compiled by Eric Okoth