KAMPALA – The family of the late Ronald Sebulime have written to police requesting for clearance to hold a peaceful demonstration on May 30, 2019, at the police headquarters in Naguru and the office of the DPP over delayed justice.
Sebulime was shot dead on March 24, 2019, by a police officer after he was arrested and handcuffed on allegations that he was trailing the ICT minister Ida Nantaba.
Through their lawyers of M/S Muwada and Company advocates, Counsel Nkunyingi Muwadda says the family is disappointed with police for failing to apprehend Nantaba over her role in the murder of the deceased even after she gave them wrong information and yet she continues to make reckless statements about the incident.
“The police has failed or ignored to apprehend Nantaba over her role in the murder, having provided wrong information,” the family says.
“The family is concerned that police has only produced one police officer out of the many accomplices who were with him and fully aided and abetted him in shooting Ssebulime dead.”
The family also questions the director of public prosecution (DPP)for delaying to prosecute other accomplices of David Sali who confessed having shot dead Sebulime.
“We are concerned about the reckless and insensitive statements by the minister which are provocative and heartless by imputing criminality on the deceased as a cover-up of her roles leading to the murder of Ssebulime.”
Earlier on Monday, police spokesperson Fred Enanga appealed to Ms Nantaba to stop politicizing the death of Sebulime and instead cooperate with police to carry out its investigations.