parliament
NEWS

KAYUNGA SHOOTING: Ssebulime’s family cries for help

Cpl. David Ssali (green t-shirt), the suspect in the murder of Ronald Ssebulime leaving court recently (FILE PHOTO)

MUKONO – The family of the late Ronald Ssebulime who was killed by a police officer on Sunday, March 24, at Nagojje Trading Center in Kayunga district has cried out for help.

This was at Mukono Chief Magistrates court on Tuesday, April 30, where they had come to hear of the case which the suspect Cpl. David Ssali had been brought to court.

Cpl Ssali a 46-year police officer attached to Naggalama police station was charged with the murder of Ssebulime on April by H/W Mariam Nalugye Ssemwanga of Mukono Chief Magistrates court.

Ms. Florence Nasibwe a resident of Kyetume in Mukono District and mother-in-law of the late Ssebulime expressed her sadness saying that her daughter died at her home and now her son in law who was the breadwinner of the family was also killed leaving her with the children.

“I have no support TO raise these children (the Late Ssebulime’s),” Ms. Nasibwe said

Family of the fallen Ssebulime Ronald mourn and pay their last respects (FILE PHOTO)

The family said that the court is still postponing the case and delaying the justice since the case was adjourned to May 27, due to the still ongoing investigations by the prosecution.

However, Counsel Muwanda Nkunyingi of Muwanda & Co. advocates said: “If prosecution needs help, we are here to help.”

He said: “As a family, we need help and deserve justice.”

Mr. Nkunyingi also said that he wants Hon. Ida Natanba the minister for ICT to be brought to court for offering wrong information to the police that led to this tragedy.

Comments

All Rights Reserved. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, RE-WRITTEN OR RE-DISTRIBUTED WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN AUTHORITY OF THE PUBLISHERS

Copyright@2019: PMLDaily

To Top