KAMPALA – In a star-studded ceremony, The Meet The Boss edition, dubbed, “Lioness in Business,” rewarded exceptional gallant women of Business in Uganda.
Held in partnership with Uptown Group Limited and Uganda Women Entrepreneurs Association Limited (UWEAL), the 5th Meet the Boss edition crowned up the International Women’s Day with various discussions on support young women in entrepreneurship to foster the country’s growth.
“We have been in existence for over 30 years and this time we have seen phenomenal women – one after another – from our patron Mama Tereza Mbiire, we have continued and the vision has moved and today we have over 28 chapters across the country with about 15,000 actual members in our database and over 60,000 across when you add up the chapters,” said Angela Bageine, the Chairperson Uganda Women’s Entrepreneurs Association Limited .
She further revealed that for a single association to have such members being impacted upon, is farfetched and the reason for UWEAL exists.
‘I thank all the members for over the 30 years who have grown the association (UWEAL) to this particular point,” she added.
She further added,
“Today we stand as women to celebrate across the country and Internationally and what we are looking for as women. We are phenomenal and should never forget it and need to mentor and coach others”.
One of the most notable gallant women that graced the ceremony included: Barbara Ofwono (founder 0 Victorious Educational Services & Schools), Patricia Karugaba Kyazze (MD Nina Interiors), Nataliey Bitature (Simba Group Chief of Staff, Director – Project 500k), Emily Kwezi Byaruhanga (MD Kembabazi Catering, Proprietor of Zoe Interiors & Red Chili), Dr Amina Heresi, Proprietor of Oasis Mall and Atiak Sugar Factory
“This award reminds me of the one I received in presence of two great ladies the former president of Malawi Joyce Banda and the one Uganda. It has taught me that it is not just the award but to give back to the society and that is why am in northern Uganda and given out 5,240 acres for free to help the women come to the business world,” said Dr. Amina Heresi
The list showing some of women Awarded
- -Enid Twino.
- -Dr.Jovia Byaruhanga.( Ebenezer nursery School )
- – Jennifer Mwijukye
- -Dr.Amina Heresi ( Atiak Sugar )
- -Ukkonika Prudence (Bella wines)
- -Patricia Kyazze ( Nina interiors)
- -Barbara Ofwono( Victorious Schools )
- -Basaza Naiga Gudula (Gudie Leisure Farm)
- -Caroline Ocanda
- -Joyce Bagala (Head of News – NBS TV)
- -Tereza Maama Mbiire ( Patron UWEAL)
- – Nataliey Bitature (Director Omusana Carts and chief of Staff Simba Group)
- – Suman Venkatesh (Chairperson Indian Women Association)
- – Nassali Hudah ( Nash tea)
- -Benedicta Nanyonga ( Kinawataka Women Initiatives )
- – Sarah Lubega ( lawyer )
- Hajjat Aisha Nakasujja (Aloesha Organic)
- -Rhona Ngobi
- – Annet Soyekwo ( Elgon coffee)
- -Kwezi Emily ( Kembabazi Catering centre & Spa)
- – Nakayenga Regina (Rena Beverages)
- -Deedan Muyira (Radio Personality and Mcee )
- Santa Joyce Laker Atiak Outgrowers Coop. Society agribusiness and among others that were awarded.
The fifth Edition of meet the boss attracted sponsors that include : Skyz Hotels, Comfort Homes, Post Bank Uganda , Hunters , UWEAL, Victorious Schools, Kembabazi Catering, among others .