nnfhno4ti- In bid to enable the bright but needy students in the country get University Education, a local NGO, Muhairwe Education Trust [METL] has started giving out sponsorship to students.
According to Ms Patricia Nyakwera, the METL Co-ordinator, the NGO is targeting the students who sat for A’ level,, qualified to make it to the university with excellent results and do not have money for tuition to apply for sponsorship for the 2018/18 university in-take.
METL is a non-profit organization was set up to help you achieve your dream, give you hope and a future. You will be able to join a pool of academicians and colleagues who have graduated under this scholarship scheme and who are also individually or collectively contributing towards this cause.
Ms Nyakwera explained that the trust is dependent on private voluntary support and contributions.
“We are now seeking to sponsor student that have completed A’ levels with very good grades but have failed to get any funding assistance to pursue their careers,” Ms Nyakwera told PML Daily.
She said applicants will be required to provide the following in order to qualify for the scholarship, after a transparent vetting exercise.
- Academic results and certificates from previous academic institutions, including O’ level results
- Letters of Recommendation from a Faith leader, school authority and local community leader indicating character, inability to self-finance etc.
- A written cover letter/ personal development plan (PDP) specifying achievements, ambitions, aspirations and dreams.
- Proof of admission to a post-secondary school academic institution
- Admission in the fields of Medicine, Engineering, Law, Commerce in a public university or Chartered University under private sponsorship
- The applicant should not be holding any other form of scholarship funding from government, church, NGOs etc.
- He/ She should not be above 25 years and must have sat UACE exams in 2015 and the years after
“And successful candidates will be shortlisted, interviewed and thorough background checks conducted to qualify for the sponsorship,” Ms Nyakwera said further..
Applications should be E-mailed to: email@example.com or hand delivered to Reception on first floor, Padre Pio house, Plot 32 Lumumba Avenue – Nakasero, Kampala by 4:00 pm on 31st July, 2018. Ends