NTUNGAMO: The National Water and Sewerage Corporation has embarked on plans to extended water supply in Kitwe-Ruhama under the Kitwe-Ruhaama water stabilisation project In Ntugamo district.
The project will cover the drilling of 3 motorised boreholes, procurement of two new pumpsets, interconnection of the Ruhaama-Kakuru water mains, rehabilitation of Kakindo water source and laying of 21kms of water mains in Kitwe, Kikagati and Ruhama to boost water production and supply.
In addition to the works, National Water and Sewerage Corporation will undertake the Interconnection and configuration of Kihanga, Kitwe and Rwoho pipe networks to ensure reliable supply of safe and clean water..
The Deputy Managing Director Technical services Eng Amayo Johnson assured the people of Kitwe-Ruhama that the corporation is working around the clock to complete the project and boost water supply reliability in the area.
According to Amayo, “Hilly areas like Nshenyi, Kabobo, Mpaama and many other areas in the area will enjoy stable supply.
The corporation is implementing water stabilisation plans inline with the Corporation’s Strategic Direction 2016-2021 to boost water supply reliability in all its areas of operation.” he shared
Other Projects ongoing in the area include:-
- Ruhaama-Dembe mains extension designated to serve communities in Ruhaama, nyaruhanga, Kijojo, Nyakagando, Rwemizi, Dembe and the surrounding areas.
- Mirama – Kyarwehunde mains extension will serve communities in Mirama, Ntungamo,Omukihangire, Kyarwehunde and the surrounding areas.
- Rukoni – kigarama: Rukoni, kigarama projects
- Kikagati-Rukurijjo mains extension to Nyakayonjo, ntundu, Bwentare, Rukurijjo, Rusharira and the surrounding areas.
Kitwe – Kituregye mains extension to serve communities in kituregye, Iborwoza, wechango, Kabibiri, Rwenjoka, kashanda and the surrounding areas.
- Kitwe – Bakiharire mains extension to serve communities in Bakiharire I&II , Amakukuru, Kabarigite and the surrounding areas.
- Rwenanura mains extension to serve communities in Kabungo I&II , Kyeizinga, Omukayembe, Omupolooti
- Rwoho, Kihanga, Kirerera, Mpigi projects.
- Kabobo – Nshenyi mains extension to kabobo, Nshenyi II, Dembe and the surrounding areas.