Suspended Kibuli headmaster’s fate to be decided Friday

Mugagga was suspended to pave way for investigations into alleged sexual misconduct.

A special committee set up to investigate allegations of sexual misconduct against the former Kibuli Secondary School head teacher is expected to hand over its findings to the ministry of Education on Friday.

The ministry asked Hajj Ali Mugagga to go on 36-days leave to pave way for investigations into allegations that he has been sexually abusing many female students in his many years of service as a head teacher.

PML Daily has learnt the committee was supposed to hand over the report last week but it was postponed because the ministry officials were pre-occupied with releasing UACE examination results.

State Minister for Higher Education John Chrysostom Muyingo confirmed to PML Daily that the permanent secretary has already received it.

“The exercise was put on hold but on Friday, we shall receive it,” Dr Muyingo said.

Sources at the ministry have revealed that Mr Samuel Kuloba, the commissioner in-charge of secondary school, chaired the probe committee. Others committee members are Mr Benson Kule, the deputy director of education standards,  Mr Ismail Mulindwa, the commissioner in-charge of private schools, and Mr James Sanya, the ministry’s  human resource manager.

Last month, State minister for Primary Education Rosemary Seninde warned that Hajj Mugagga’s teaching certificates will be cancelled if he is found guilty.

“The teaching profession has got its own code of ethics, which Mugagga knows very well. Also, if he is found guilty, the parents of the victims have a right to sue him,” she added.

Hajj Mugagga at the beginning of the term handed over office to his deputy, Hajjat Mastulah Nambajjwe Serugo, to pave for the investigations. However, he refuted the allegations of sexual miscount, saying they are aimed at tarnishing his name.


The allegations of sexual abuse against Hajj Mugagga came to light in a Facebook rant by a one Leonard Ronald Egesa, who said the long serving head teacher has for long sexually abused school girls, impregnating others in the process.

Mr Egesa said he conducted an investigation between August and November last year and found Hajj Mugagga preying on his students, especially those from poor families.

“In some cases, I would not only interview the ‘child’ (majority of them are now women) alone, I would go an extra mile and interview the mothers, sisters and friends in order to corroborate the evidence. The stories are chilling. I promised to protect the identity of the victims,” he said.

He says Hajj Mugagga pays school fees for his victims and immediately after completing studies, he marries some of them. He is also accused of turning his residential house in Seeta, Mukono into a brothel.

Mr Egesa said his investigation followed Hajj Muggaga back to his previous postings as head teacher at Gombe SS and Lubiri SS.

He said he chose to publish results of his investigation on his Facebook page, saying authorities had failed to listen to his calls to discipline Hajj Mugagga and retire him in public interest.

He said he also wrote to the Minister of Education and Sports, Ms Janet Museveni, requesting her to intervene and clean up the sector of scandalous officials.



All rights reserved. The information contained in this website may not be published, broadcast, re-written or re- distributed without the prior written authority of the publishers

Copyright © 2017. PML Daily

To Top