The fourth among the Ndejje Secondary School students who were involved in an accident at Mile 19 stage on Bombo Road as they travelled to the school to collect their 2017 UCE results is out of danger and recovering according to family.
Timothy Njogeza, the student, who recorded the video minutes before the accident survived and was rushed to Bombo Military Hospital in critical condition. Shortly after news of the death of his three colleagues had filtered in, social media reports indicated that Timothy had also later succumbed to the injuries sustained.
However, it was later established that he had been taken into the Intensive Care Unit at Nakasero Hospital in Kampala.
Yesterday (Sunday) Njogeza’s father, Mr Henry Minani, speaking tojournalists at Nakasero Hospital, dispelled rumours that his son had died. “He is alive and much as he is still in intensive care, there is a very big improvement between the time we brought him and now,” Mr Minani said, asking the country to pray for full recovery of his son. He noted that doctors at the hospital had worked so hard to ensure recovery of Njogeza.
Mr Minani also dismissed rumours that the car in which they four had the accident belonged to his son. “It can be further investigated, but I am very sure that car did not belong to my son, We have only one car in our home and I was using it. We do not have the capacity to own a second car and my son does not have the capacity to own a car, Mr Minani said.
He added that Njogeza, who scored Aggragate 29, had requested to pick his results himself. He was then given money to use public means to the school, but had later linked up with his mates Vincent Male, Isaac Sewajje and Sedrick Muwanguzi.
The other three have since been buried.