Television show host Douglas Lwanga has joined NBS TV, ending weeks of speculation over his next move after leaving NTV where he was hosting the daily programme known as “NTV The Beat,”.
Douglas, who previously worked for Record TV, denied being fired from NTV despite rumors circulating that he was a victim of the company’s ongoing restructuring programme.
But on Thursday, the rumours were put to rest when NBS on its Facebook page, announced that Lwanga is joining the station.
“Welcome to the winning team Lwanga Douglas,” read the post that also feautured a picture of Lwanga posing with NBS managers.
Douglas who has spent five years on NTV after moving from Record TV in 2013 also expressed his delight to have been on the “NTV The Beat” programme for such a long period of time.
Responding to the rumours that he was fired, Douglas had this to say.
“Never in my life have i ever been fired from a job as some people are reporting. In all places I have worked for, I actually put in 200% in what i do,” he said.
“Passion drives me the most if you can ask those close to me because they know well. But sometimes life has to move on especially if better opportunities surface. It is not a bad thing, we are humans and always pursue better and more,” Douglas said.
Douglas also took time to thank NTV who opened the door for him and helped him along the journey as he gained valuable experience.
“Thank you NTV for opening doors for me, It was a wonderful journey and experience. Going forward i will not be hosting the BEAT,” he said.
“Wow the journey was amazing i don’t regret, I also salute the entire team as your support contributed a lot to the success of the show,” he added.
Douglas went ahead and promised his fans that something new is on its way and they should not worry.